Thanks to my financial aid, I was given the means to purchase a very nice, yet somewhat inexpensive laptop. I went to a nice small business in Downtown Bend called Connected Technologies, where a really cool, tech-savvy guy helped me pick out a laptop suitable to my needs and funds. The best part about the help I received was that when the man showed me the specs of the laptop he suggested, I actually understood what all of the small details meant for each description. The processor brand, number, and speed, the RAM size, the HDD size, operating system, everything. All thanks to the CIS 120 class. I mean, granted I knew a lot about how to use computers to begin with, but learning the hardware and functions of computers in depth really helped me understand much more, and in turn, was eye-opening to me about how little I REALLY knew.
I'm very excited about the laptop, though. I'm not sure about when its supposed to arrive, as it was bought online, but my wife is really excited as well! ^^ I bought the laptop for both her and I to use at school. And possibly to play games out in the living room while I relax before bed.
Anyway, the only point of this blog at the moment is for my CIS 120 assignment to write a blog each week.
Is not that fun. It is like when you go buy a car and actually understand how stuff work in car and why you pay extra money for all non standard items in the car!
ReplyDeleteNahid